Cleaning the Zirkon® DIS Total sensor is required before calibrating and installing the sensor into the flow cell. Follow these steps for proper cleaning and calibration.
How to Clean and Calibrate TCl sensor
Note: Video below depicts the Zirkon® Free Chlorine sensor, however, the method of cleaning is the same for the TCl sensor.
IMPORTANT: Sensors must be cleaned by hand before being inserted into their respective chamber!
- Remove sensor from assembly and cable
- Wipe off any pollution with paper tissue, rinse with water
- Clean metal bands with powder detergent (ex. Comet), making sure NOT to cover the diaphragm with powder detergent. Wipe the metal surface gently.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and reinstall
- IMPORTANT: Wait 20-30 minutes before calibration to allow sensor to polarize!
IMPORTANT: Clean sensor before proceeding with calibration!
- Using water sample taken from Sampling Reference Valve, perform DPD test
- Main menu > Cal > Cal DIS > enter DPD reference value > Ok > Save
Note: Sensor life expectancy is water quality and application specific. Best practice suggests annual replacement of process dependent sensors.